Please contact us to get free trial software.
info@PiControlSolutions.com, Tel: (832) 495 6436
PiControl Solutions LLC has extensive skills and experience in DCS/PLC-resident advanced process control (APC) design and start-up using the existing DCS/PLC or even build the advanced process control (APC) logic on a new PLC attached to the existing DCS/PLC system.
Many times, DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) can be superior, achieve more monetary benefits and outperform a model predictive control (MPC) or any other advanced process control (APC) technology. After detailed process analysis, PiControl can easily and honestly recommend which control logic will give the best achievements: DCS-resident advanced process control (APC) or model predictive control (MPC, like DMC/RMPCT).
PiControl’s DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) approach will provide significant cost savings, fast commissioning and project completion and high benefits compared to other APC technologies. The basis for these benefits is based on the following:
1. With the DCS/PLC-based approach, the advanced process control (APC) will be robust, compact and self-contained. PiControl’s advanced process control (APC) design approach is faster, cheaper, require less maintenance and will not be black-box like model predictive control (MPC, like DMC/RMPCT) but can be understood and maintained far more easily.
2. Nowadays most of the industrial plants use powerful and modern DCS/PLC systems with tremendous process control and advanced process control (APC) functionalities. PiControl technology can wholly be implemented inside any existing DCS/PLC system without a need for an external computer, all the peripherals and adding and configuring OPC. All this takes extra time and effort since the configuration of the computer from both systems and applications sides are involved.
3. 75 % of industrial processes are sequential with a diagonal control matrix (Figure 1), making it very suitable for DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) without the need for a full-blown model predictive control (MPC, like DMC or RMPCT) or any other advanced process control (APC) technology. The feedback corrective action possible by mathematically optimized DCS tuning parameters will provide crisp, stable and tight control action outperforming model predictive controllers (MPCs, like DMC and RMPCT). PiControl has demonstrated success with DCS-based advanced process control (APC) and has several times outperformed model predictive controllers (MPCs) in the past at other sites.
4. PiControl DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) approach can easily handle with nonlinearities, valve or sensor problems, grades transitions, rapidly changing capacities and other typical plant issues.
5. During the DCS/PLC-based advanced process control project execution all base-level PID tuning will be performed using closed-loop ultra-short duration data without step tests (Figure 2).
6. All designed and implemented advanced process control (APC) logic inside the existing DCS/PLC will be optimized and mathematically calculated using PiControl’s PITOPS. This technology will be provided to the end user for later maintenance.
7. Online control quality monitoring of all PID and advanced process control (APC) tags inside the DCS/PLC will be continuously performed by using PiControl’s APROMON software.
8. Advanced process control (APC) being all inside the DCS/PLC can be easily supported and modified by a compact team of local and remote engineers. Data analysis for support and improvements can be conducted remotely very efficiently followed by changes on site.
9. After and during project execution modern advanced process control training will be provided to end user engineers.
PiControl has designed, implemented and started-up numerous advanced process control (APC) projects. Advanced process control (APC) projects of this nature and PID tuning optimization have been done by PiControl at numerous sites all over the world with success and safety. PiControl Solutions LLC will provide a document showing detailed advanced process control (APC) project implementation guidelines, conditioning base-level PID control loops and developing the advanced process control (APC) configuration. The procedures will also include details about safe start-up, setting up safety clamps and other guidelines to ensure success, safety and the achievement of the advanced process control (APC) goals and objectives. PiControl will provide complete and simple switching and activation logic with additional advanced process control (APC) screen which will be used to change over between advanced process control (APC) and DCS (existing) just to bring back to normal production.
The goal of PiControl well-designed DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) strategy in consistently operating the unit close to the maximum possible profit day in and day out, safely and reliably. The following criteria can quantify the benefits associated with PiControl DCS/PLC-based advanced process control (APC) approach:
Before you initiate expensive projects using expensive consulting services and costly multivariable or model-predictive software, first contact PiControl Solutions for amazing low-priced solutions at less than one-tenth the cost while delivering the fullest benefits potential. PI Control Company will send you design strategies, ideas and then assist you remotely with the easy but powerful process control software tools.