PID Tuning For Petrochemicals
PiControl has extensive expertise in process enhancement, process controls and process optimization of petrochemical facilities. We can assist with PID tuning for petrochemicals.
Petrochemical facilities are constantly faced with changing prices, changing customer demands, impact from other processes and industries amongst other host of issues. We understand that all of these factors have to be used in determining optimal operating conditions for each single unit.
We will help you develop solutions that provide a clear path to follow as conditions change. In some cases, we can develop online systems that handle some of the changes for you thus constantly controlling and optimizing your units.
One of the biggest value-added benefits PiControl can bring you is our skill and expertise in choosing and implementing the most appropriate process control tool and software for your specific needs and characteristics. We stay away from complex black-box type software products. We also avoid complex software applications needing excessive specialized support. We will use the simplest, yet powerful/sophisticated most effective approach giving you robust control action, high software reliability and high application on-stream factor.
Where the process is truly multivariable, we will recommend and implement MPC products like DMC or RMPCT. Where the process has a strong diagonal control matrix, we may recommend a DCS-based traditional APC scheme using our proprietary Pitops software for quickly and accurately identifying process dynamics.
What distinguishes us from other process control vendors and companies is that we are not only a technology company, a software developer and implementer (an OEM – original equipment manufacturer) since we develop our own software technology and products) but we also use control software from other companies like DMC, RMPCT etc. We chose the most appropriate, best product and methodology based on the process characteristics and plant needs. We pride ourselves in that we can use all of the following: DCS-based APC, full-blown MPC or a rule-based control product ReciCon based on needs and characteristics.
Request More Information
Many petrochemical processes can benefit immediately through the use of our software and technology. Following is a brief summary:
- PID tuning (primary and advanced control) optimization to reduce/eliminate oscillations and improve the control quality of the primary control layer.
- DCS/PLC-resident or host-computer-resident APC (advanced process control) control schemes.
- PID and APC control quality monitoring, reporting and control parameter adjustments.
- Online oscillation detection, operator alerts, adaptive control action and automatic control parameter adjustments.
- Sequence control programs for product grade transitions and for planned changes in process conditions.
- Auto-Adaptive control for compensating for process and equipment nonlinearities and also those caused by different raw materials/catalysts and process/operating conditions.
- Online optimization to consider market conditions, chemical prices and process conditions.
- Remote access, monitoring and support to improve effectiveness of engineers and operators.
- Operator advisory to provide smart messaging and support this is like having an experienced operator or engineer watching the whole plant/process all the time and then providing the operator with excellent support based on years of experience and knowledge.
- OPC communications and signal validation for online analyzers, compressors, fast data logging and monitoring and to assist a host of related applications.
- Advanced LIMS (laboratory information management system) to provide the best and user-friendly, yet low-cost laboratory user interface and data management.